- Child, Adolescent and Adult Psychiatrist, Private practice in Redondo Beach, CA
- Staff Psychiatrist, UCLA Counseling and Psychological Services
- Chair, Southern California Psychiatric Society (SCPS) Women's Committee
- South Bay Representative, Southern California Psychiatric Society
- Clinical Instructor, Professional Staff Association at Harbor UCLA Medical Center
- Diplomate, Adult Psychiatry, Board certified American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology
- Diplomate, Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, Board certified American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology
- Professional Member of Selective Mutism Group-Childhood Anxiety Network
- Member of SCPS Art of Psychiatric Medicine Committee
- Member of American Psychiatric Association
- Member of American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
- Member, American Osteopathic Association
- Fellowship: Harbor UCLA Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
- Residency: Loma Linda University General Psychiatry
- Medical School: Western University of Health Sciences, College of Osteopathic Medicine (D.O.)
- Undergraduate: UC San Diego, Animal Physiology and Neuroscience (B.S.) and Psychology (B.A.)
- When I was kid, I wanted to be a doctor AND a poet when I grew up.
- I am a feminist and have been active in women's organizations since I was a teen.
- I love Nature and believe it is the best medicine.
- I love what I do and I do what I love for a living.
I am comprehensibly trained in all mood, anxiety and cognitive disorders. I have a passion for empowering women, children, college youth, transitional age youth and LGBTQQIA (lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, questioning, queer, intersex, asexual) youth. I also have an interest in working with individuals who have Selective Mutism, Social Anxiety and Post-traumatic Stress Disorder. I provide a safe space for all who enter my office.
I use an eclectic style of therapy that is based on principles of psychodynamic therapy, dialectical behavioral therapy and cognitive behavioral therapy. I also provide family-focused therapy for families with Schizophrenia and Bipolar Mood Disorder. I use psychopharmacological treatment when it is indicated and abide by practice parameters of the American Psychiatric Association and the American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry.